Life

Life
Life happens when your planning it

Monday, May 18, 2015

What are some obstacles that I have overcome to maintain a healthy weight.

Some of the obstacles I have over come throughout the years is just knowing what the right things are to eat that work with my body specifically.  There are some foods that work against me, such as breads, pastas, candy, chips, cookies, etc.  The refined carbohydrates do not allow me to keep body lean, healthy, full, focused, and help with my athletic performance.  Through trail and error I have come to the consensus that in order to maintain a healthy weight and feel good I need to stick with whole foods vs. processed foods, I need a significant amount of lean protein such as chicken, fish, red meat, soy, etc.  These foods help me recover and stay fuller longer. I also know that I need to prep my meals and have them on hand and ready to go when I am hungry, otherwise I will grab anything in sight just to satisfy my hunger.
Another issue of mine is water, I do not drink enough.  Water is so key and vital into how my body works and feels, it filters out all toxins, regulates, and helps me stay alter. I am suppose to get around 64 fluid ounces a day, that is disregarding exercise.  So to overcome this obstacle I always carry a water bottle around with me and try to fill it at least 3 times a day.  I can always work on my nutrition, I am learning new things all the time, and my body is changing with age, I feel as though I am ahead of the game verse most Americans, and I will continue to be the best I can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment